Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Breaking Up = Hard

I hate breakups. They're hard, bitter, and even though you tell your ex you wish them the best, you secretly hope something bad happens. That's what happened to me today. When I got dumped.

Yep, you read it right. I got dumped.

"It's not you, it's me." "You're really terrific, but I'm just not feeling it anymore and it's time to make a change."

And don't freak out. I'm not talking about Stephen. I'm talking about my client.

A client gave us the pink slip yesterday, after a long term relationship and I'm a ball of mixed emotions - relief, grief and guilt. I feel l could have done more, been just a little bit better. That maybe if I had given 111% instead of 110, that things would have been different.

But you know that's not the case. It never is. I'm just going to have to wish them the best and look ahead.

1 comment:

Becky Mochaface said...

Oh. My. God. Woman. You gave me a heart attack!