Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ahoy!

Oh lovelies, so sorry for being tapped out last week. Remember when I got promoted and I was super excited because it's a goal I've been working toward for years? Well, I'm still excited and proud of what I've achieved, but it's come with with a greater workload and I'm putting in 12 hour days to keep up. It won't be like this forever, but I've felt like I've been working to keep my head above water.

Shabby Apple


I've clearly got water on the brain, so it's fitting that I've been craving all things nautical. I've been loving the nautical theme for a while since I got this Shabby Apple dress last summer, but the revival of all things nautical started earlier this week when I got an Ann Taylor e-mail on spring arrivals, and most items had a nautical theme. Think tons of stripes, wide leg pants and polka dots. Perfect, no?

Apparently I'm not the only one who's in love because the collection sold out online within days. Deciding I had to try to snag some of the striped tees, I headed to Ann Taylor last night and got the last red and white striped tee in my size - yippee! I'm imaging lots of fun and various outfits including black skirts, black tights and bright red pumps (thankfully I own three pairs of those!) I'm also thinking about adding some nautical fun to my adult spring break trip this year, something like the bikini below.

So what about you? Do you dig all things nautical?
Feeling Nautical



nautical swimwear
American Eagle




2 comments:

Becky Mochaface said...

I like stripes. But I like it better on the hanger than I do on me. Maybe I'm not wearing stripes right, but I always feel like it's definitely NOT slimming on me.

Jolene said...

Super cute. Love the nautical theme too. You have such good fashion sense ;-) As for the job, I know, I am sure you are doing a ton, but you are amazing and you'll adjust in no time!