Monday, January 10, 2011

A Muse to Someone - My First Blogger Award


Woo hoo y'all! I just got my first blogger award, from my dear pal Becky - apparently she finds me stylish (thank you love!) 


I'm not one for long speeches since I don't like talking about how great I am, but I do love it when others talk about how great I am (just kidding folks. sort of. not really.) But I am honored to be given an award from someone who thinks I'm stylish, mostly because I never felt stylish until the past year or two. 

Wait. I just realized that I have to talk about myself. Thems the rules of receiving this award. Can I just get seven of my friends to tell you something about me? No? Ok, fine. Here goes:

1. I'm naturally shy. This may come as a shock to those that know me, but put me in a room full of strangers and I'm more awkward than Molly Ringwald in Sixteen Candles. Yep. awkward. But, once I get to know you (or introductions have been made) I can't shut up. So be warned if you don't know me. If you like quiet types, perhaps we shouldn't meet. 

2. I'm a cry baby. I cry at everything. Commercials on TV. Other people's engagement stories. Sappy movies. Basically, almost anything that elicits an "aww" reaction usually means I'm in tears. Even more tragic than crying at everything? I'm so embarrassed at crying at everything, that I will try to hold it in. That means my nose starts snotting up (yeah, sorry for that image) and I get a huge lump in my throat, which usually means a release and even more tears, which is even more embarrassing. Yet I continue to try this technique, assuring myself it will work this time. 

3. I'm terribly afraid of heights. I'm not afraid to go up high places, but God almighty, I had better not look down. If I do, then I'm in trouble. If memory serves me, the Ghostbar in Vegas has a clear, plexiglass cutout in the middle of the balcony outside the bar that looks all the way down to the basement. I made the mistake one trip of standing on it and looking down. I'm getting panicky just writing that. 

4. I failed out of college. I had such a good time partying my first year that I didn't make the grades and had to sit out the summer session, and went back on probation. I also had to take a class that taught me how to study (pretty ironic coming from someone who cried when I made a B in high school, right?) It wasn't fun, but I worked hard to make up for it, and I will make sure my future children don't repeat that mistake. 

5. I dislike cupcake gifts. I make cupcakes on the side. I love making cupcakes. I do not, however, love getting cupcake-themed gifts. I'm so much more than cupcakes, and while I appreciate that people recognize my talent, I'm over the cupcake themed gifts. 

6. I'm easy to please. It probably doesn't sound it, but my favorite gift from Stephen was when he threw me a surprise b-day party. It didn't cost much, but I'll never forget it. 

7. I LOVE football. It's a southern thing to be sure, but Lord do I love football. There is nothing I'd rather do than spend my entire Saturday and Sunday sitting on the couch watching that game.

So there you have it. Thank you again to Becky for selecting me as a stylish blogger. I'm sharing the wealth with one of my all-time favorite style blogs, the Bon Bon Rose Girls. Kristin and Meg tempt me daily with drool-worthy fashion, so it's only right that I nominate them too.

7 comments:

Becky Mochaface said...

I don't remember you being shy when we first met. I remember both of us couldn't shut up about Boston. ;)

Michele said...

Well, it's probably because we had exchanged introductions (and the Boston connection.) I'm terrible at walking up and introducing myself to people - way too shy for that.

Jolene said...

Okay, shy, really?! Never! ;-) And I love that you failed out of college...that seems SO not like you too. And now I want a cupcake. that is all.

Michele said...

It's true Jo, totally failed out of college my first year. Picked it up and got in gear after that, but what a learning experience. That year literally shaped the rest of my life (as in, not getting accepted to the law school I wanted, and forcing me into a life of PR.) Crazy how things happen (and then work out.)

Senorita Whitobee said...

Sooooo...you're Christmas gift is late. As always. It's going to be delivered tomorrow. AND it's cupcake-themed...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Thank you so much for thinking of us lady...You're the sweetest!

Tiffany Jewelry said...

In fact, life itself is a paradise, happy everywhere. As long as we know how to experience life, enjoy life, even though every day Cuchadanfan also am happy with it.