Monday, March 21, 2011

Live it Up, Will Ya?

I don't normally pay attention to my horoscope, but today's was funny enough that I had to share: 

Leo (July 23 - August 22)
Spring is in the air and it’s time to quit it with the old married couple routine. Even if you are single, whatever schedule you have yourself running on, time to end it and throw some interesting monkey wrenches into your life. Adventure is calling and it's time to step out of your usual routine! Dare yourself to take that next step to realizing your dream.
This was particularly funny because I feel like Stephen and I are an old married couple, and we're neither old, nor married (but our cats do make our lives exciting.) If we're this bad already, what happens when we do get married and start having a family? How lame will we be then? 

I shared my horoscope with Stephen, and while his recommendation was fun, it was also a little reckless and irresponsible, something not even an old married couple should be. So I'm turning to my community for some suggestions on things we can do to shake up our boring laid back routine. I'd love to hear your thoughts on things we can do that are out of the box, fun, and will get us back to being a young, hip couple.

5 comments:

Jolene said...

Hey! I think you are a young hip couple! I have a great idea...what about a trip to Jamaica where you also happen to meet up with two OTHER super fun just as hip couples?! ;-P

Jessica said...

I totally agree with Jo - on both counts. You guys are NOT boring! Annnd we'll confirm that in Jamaica, don't you worry. Weee.

Becky Mochaface said...

You mean Jamaica isn't enough of an adventure? You need MORE adventure?

Skydiving
Mountain climbing
Eat dessert for dinner. And nothing else.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Vaycay time? Go act like your honeymooning and rock a teeny, tiny bikini!

Michele said...

Thanks for the tips ladies! I'll definitely live a life of adventure in Jamaica, rocking teeny weeny bikinis.

Becky, I eat dessert for dinner on a fairly regular basis, so maybe I'm move adventurous than I thought! :)