Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I need to tie a string around my finger so I don't forget

Ever get that feeling that you know something's missing in your life and you need to figure out what it is? I've been going through that recently. I've got a lot weighing on my mind. I'm reconciling a lot. I'm stressing even more with each reconciled thought. And it finally dawned on me. I haven't prayed in a while. I've been so focused on myself that I haven't prayed to my Maker to calm my heart and trust in His plan for me.

That's a scary feeling. Realizing you forgot about Him. I must have gotten too involved in the "Let go and let God" phrase because I let Him go. Temporarily. I promise. But reading a few other blog posts over the past few days reminded me of what I was forgetting (God, please don't let this be the warning of early stages of Alzheimers... please) and how there is no denial there is a greater force at work. And so, I've prayed. And you know what? My heart feels a little lighter. My situation... well, that's undeniably heavy right now. But this too shall pass, as long as I don't forget who's really handling my bidness.




No comments: