Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our Day at Wheel of Fortune

Friday was Stephen's big day at Wheel of Fortune. After a VERY long flight across country, we landed in LA at 10:30 p.m. (1:30 a.m. EST), 2 hours AFTER we were supposed to! We got to the hotel around 11:30 p.m. and crashed.

Neither one of us slept well, be it nerves or excitement or not wanting to oversleep the alarm. Stephen left the hotel at 7:15 a.m. and I headed to the studio at 10:30 a.m.

As contestant guests we were instructed NOT TO LOOK at our contestants or risk them being disqualified. I later found out Stephen and the other contestants were instructed to pretend we didn't exist. They also put the guests on the opposite end of the studio from the contestants, but it still was hard not to wave at Stephen!

Wheel taped 6 shows on Friday, and luckily Stephen was in the second taping. His first spin was a bankrupt!!! The next winner won the first puzzle and tons of cash so I felt like it didn't look good, but still... it was the beginning.

My only request - er, demand - for Stephen was that he win the prize puzzle so we could win a trip, and I'm THRILLED to say he did... and we did! :) Stephen's luck and skill won a 7-day trip to Puerto Vallarta - woo hoo!

I won't give away anything else, but his show will air on October 14, 2008. It was a very stressful time (for me especially!) but he did great and he looked amazing! I'm so proud of him for doing well (hey, a free trip isn't bad, right?) and we'll have a viewing party at our house the night his segment airs.

2 comments:

Becky Mochaface said...

Awesome! I am going to have to TiVo it so I don't miss it. Also, so jealous of your free trip to Puerto Vallarta!

Bean said...

SO AWESOME! Can't wait to see the show :)