Friday, June 5, 2009

The Intersection of Beer and Running

Wish me luck - I have my first road race tomorrow. This is the first race I've run in about 8 or 9 years - crazy right?

And could I have started out with a minor race? a 5K maybe? No. That would make TOO much sense.


No. Instead, I decided to go with this 5-miler. Technically, it's 5.3 miles. What can I say, it's for charity. So what could make running a race for charity even better?
DRINKING BEER after the race. That's right. Beer. This is, after all, the Harpoon 5-miler. For those of you readers who aren't familiar, Harpoon is a local brewery. So here's how it works:

I'll wake up early tomorrow morning, run this course, which starts and ends at Harpoon (all 5.3miles of it - but at least I'll have the Garmin), then enjoy some Harpoon brew.

I mean really, what could be better?

No comments: